VE 4000+ Metal
100% print inspection for metal decoration
Increase quality – Avoid complaints – Reduce costs
Print flaw detection at best precision
The VE 4000+ METAL guarantees precision detection of printing flaws. Foreign bodies, spots, ink splatters, smearing and toning, ink interruptions, register faults, damaged rubber blankets and printing plates are detected reliably. The fault tolerances can be fine-tuned in line with customer requirements. This ensures reproducible sheet print quality. With spectral colour measurement, you are able to detect very subtle colour changes during the print process, and to take appropriate measures, by means of measuring spots anywhere on the sheet – precisely according to your needs.
The VE 4000+ METAL inspection system continually monitors the print process – every metal sheet, every panel, at all times. The solution is highly optimised to the requirements of metal decoration and the conditions within the decorating line. Whether you are printing tin plate or aluminium, using 2, 4 or 6 colours, creating high-gloss or matt motives – the system is optimised for it.
The key benefits of the VE 4000+ METAL:
- Printing flaws are flagged the moment they arise
- The machine operator is able to intervene and prevent widespread failure, averting large quantities of waste and increasing quality
- Single, poor-quality metal sheets can be discharged automatically
- Your print quality becomes more consistent
- Customer complaints are averted
- You offer higher customer benefit through higher quality
Defective printed sheets may be ejected through sheet management systems.
(Image: KBA Metal Print)
The VE 4000+ METAL lives up to very high expectations and delivers very high levels of performance
- Operation can be learned very quickly
- Set-up of an inspection job takes just a few moments
- Jobs are saved and can be reused
- The visualisation system offers many options, such as Live Zoom, flaw comparison, display of flaw accumulation
- All flaws are logged and can be saved as a database or PDF
- Good/poor pattern and flaw size/position/frequency are stored
- Flaw details can be accessed via a network
- Different alarm level categorisations: flashing light, acoustic signal, machine stop
- A record is made of interventions by the machine operator and any comments
- Maculature sheets are detected automatically and not logged
- L*a*b colour measurement function for colour monitoring during the print run
- Control over sheet management systems to eject defective metal sheets
- PDF data import for die cut data
- Inspection performance up to 9000 metal sheets per hour
- Metal sheet format to 1200 × 1000mm
Detect Flaws Earlier – Prevent Waste
Examples of flaw detection on aluminium and tin sheets.
Optimised inspection technology for metal printing
The inspection of decorated sheets is many times more difficult than the inspection of cardboard or plastic packaging. High-gloss products, non-uniform travel of the metal sheets on the transport belt and imprecise positioning of metal sheets during the inspection process present major challenges. This is where all conventional print inspection systems fail. The VE 4000+ METAL was designed specially for metal printing. Highly optimised inspection processes overcome the demands in conjunction with special LED lighting technology. The result is a reliable product that meets your expectations.